From The National Rifle Association Basic Training Website:
Since 1871, one of NRA's major objectives has been to provide basic training in the safe and proper use of firearms. Today, 50,000 NRA Certified Instructors throughout the United States continue this fine tradition of public service by conducting NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses. Courses are offered in the following
What will you learn in an NRA basic course?
· safe firearm handling
· firearm parts and operation
· ammunition and its function
· shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
· how to select, clean and store a firearm
· review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills
Attractive certificates are awarded to participants who successfully complete each basic course.